Students should be in good physical health with no disqualifying pre-existing medical condition. Disqualification is at the discretion of the instructor on a case by case basis. Persons who are convicted felons, have a documented history of mental illness, or who have been convicted of domestic violence need not apply.
This course was designed to increase the student’s potential for surviving a lethal encounter against an attacker with various weapons such as knives, baton, firearms, and many other objects that could cause physical harm.
No required equipment
- Disarming of rifle or handgun
- Dominating the encounter (overwhelming force)
- Using violence of action
- Foot work and body manipulation
- Physiology of a dangerous encounter
- Basic knife fighting strategies
- Expanding situational awareness