Students should be in good physical health with no disqualifying pre-existing medical condition. Disqualification is at the discretion of the instructor on a case by case basis. Persons who are convicted felons, have a documented history of mental illness (individuals may attend at the discretion of the instructor), or who have been convicted of domestic violence need not apply.
This course was designed to increase the student’s potential for surviving a lethal encounter against an attacker with various weapons such as knives, baton, firearms, and many other objects that could cause physical harm.
No required equipment
- Disarming of rifle or handgun
- Dominating the encounter (overwhelming force)
- Using violence of action
- Foot work and body manipulation
- Physiology of a dangerous encounter
- Basic knife fighting strategies
- Expanding situational awareness